Solinas was born out of need to manage the piping fabrication process in an effective manner. Oil & Gas, Chemical and Petrochemical plants all involve piping extensive projects. Underestimating the facts can drive the piping activity to directly impact the critical path thus making or breaking a project. Using Solinas’ advanced detailing features with Autodesk® AutoCAD®’s intuitive and easy-to-use 2D design environment empowers users to combine AutoCAD’s drafting strengths with advanced piping fabrication functionality.
- Reads industry standard piping isomeric formats.
- AutoCAD based.
- Versatile to meet varying piping business requirement.
- Simplifies work-packaging of piping in-line with workface planning, and lean construction.
- Interfaces with 3D visual controls, ERP, EDMS applications.
- Jacketed drawings can be merged for more comprehensive isometric for fabrication
- Bend element can be measured based on bending machine specification
- Changes and modification are handled with construction in mind. For example, welded components cannot be renamed, scraped material can be tagged, etc.
- Solinas handles non-modeled scope in a plant, scanned copies, etc. PDFs can be integrated to produce the relevant weld maps and materials.
Solinas Database Capabilities:
Integration with Fabrication management system is instant, allowing progress quantification and measurement.
Integration with Material management system is possible allowing shortage identification and forward analysis.
Integration with document management system is seamless allowing revision control and hold notifications.
Integration with Excel for importing and exporting piping data.
2D Isometrics to 3D BIM
Isometrics drawn or imported into Solinas can be converted to 3D models with all the corresponding piping information within C3D, CCT's BIM-based project control solution. This allows different stake holders to visualize the flat 2D models in 3D, as well have access to data pertaining to piping material, spools, welds, etc. Users can then use the 3D model to progress tracking from fabrication, all the way to installation and QC testing. With the free C3D mobile application, the 3D isometric, along with the progress, can be visualized on any Android based device.
Example of a set of 2D Isometrics in Solinas
Solinas prepares the full isometric drawing including fabrication instructions and annotations, cut-points, manufacturing information, etc. within the AutoCAD user interface.
Isometric set visualized in 3D showing colorized fabrication and installation statuses
At the click of a button, the 2D drawings are converted to connected 3D models, colorized by status and fully navigational. Users can select components and click to retrieve properties such as materials, iso numbers, locations, weld types and number, etc. In addition it is possible to upload other types of data from ERPs and other systems to further populate the 3D models with any necessary construction and manufacturing data. This is due to the powerful database backend of C3D which extends this capability to the simplest isometric drawing.
Solinas provides Construction companies and fabricators a one-stop solution which will help in:
- Verifying the piping scope and material front-end loading.
- Easy to use interface based on AutoCAD.
- Providing a methodology to control the piping activity at every stage (compatible with lean construction and workface planning)
- Providing optimal control over fabrication and progress.
AutoCAD® is a registered trademark of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, in the United States.